Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ING Lying To You & Me

I recently signed up for and moved some spare cash to an ING Direct's Orange Savings Account. At the time the rate was about 2.75% APY which ING lowered this month to 2.50% APY.

Not having been aware of the change in rate, while viewing my account online, I clicked on a link to "Get more info on your rate". What did I learn? (click images to enlarge)


I learned that ING Direct still claims to be paying me 3.00% APY on my account not 2.50%.

For a business built online, ING Direct is a Company Acting Badly for having it's online rate information months out of date.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ING has been doing this for some time now. Back when I first signed up, I was getting like 5% interest on my accounts. Now it's about 2.5%. The economy surely stinks.